Does any one has experience with L-5300 600WATT PORT WORKLIGHT ?

I found this at

$19.95. I am tempted to buy one but wanted to know if any one of you used this before.

Reply to
koparia

Looks a lot like the one I bought several years ago. The bulbs don't last long, so pick up spares. [$7 at Lowe's - about $3 at Harbor freight]

Mine has a 500w bulb in it- look into the light and I'm blind for a few minutes.

It throws a great light for highlighting spackling errors. Shine from side & it makes mole hills look like mountains.

Also works for throwing a little extra heat on a paint project.

$20 seems like an OK price- HF has a 500w for $14

a dual head on a stand for $30
I was going to have it on a jobsite 40 hours a week I wouldn't overthink it too much- it is just a light, albeit a very bright one.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I often see these types of lights on construction sites. The bulbs are not very durable. The element tends to break from vibration. I would find out how much replacement bulbs cost before purchasing this.

Reply to
John Grabowski

On Dec 8, 9:59=EF=BF=BDam, "John Grabowski" wrote:=

harbor freight has them beat, fixtures about 10 bucks bulbs about 2 bucks.....

why pay more everything comes from china anyway

Reply to
hallerb

Many other places are cheaper. On mine I always replace the 500W lamp from China with a 300W Sylvania from one of the box stores. The difference in output lumens is not all that important and the lamps last far longer.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

There is junk and there is quality. Some people don't want to buy things five times.

Reply to
George