Does Amazon think we're hooked

Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon

Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock.

Or buy 3 on Amazon for $17.99, what a bargain. A different vendor at least.

Amazon thinks we're hooked, so they'r raising the prices.

Well, when you look at Other Sellers, it lists Amazon itself but only for Prime members afaict and certainly only with an order of $25 and then the price is 2.99, same as Home Depot.

Other prices are 5.70 to 35.10 including shipping. For some reason Home Depot is not listed. I admit, most prices are 5.70 or very close, but the one that is $35 also has a 92% positive rating!! Who can beat that?

Lowes, $3.99, still cheaper than Amaz

It's illuminated too, when on, but Amazon doesn't say this except it's in reviews. I didn't look at other vendors.

Reply to
Micky

Reading reviews of this, I see that it has sold ON Amazon for from $3 to 7. Amazon changes prices several times a day sometimes, but not just by a few cents!!

This was really nice, because it came in 2- and 3- prong, but one I've used only about 20 times is already not always on when it should be on. Have to push the lever just right and who knows how long it will stay. I'll cut it open but I don't know if I can improve on their design. But I sure like the big lever, so I may buy another. hoping I just got a bad one, and save the card and receipt.

....Apparently they don't sell this one (not the one the first post was about) anymore -- it probably gave too many people trouble, even though 96% gave it 4 or 5 stars (Maybe many of them found it still didn't last as long as it should.) -- and sometimes the model number transfers to another model. New one switch ont he side so you can use two in one receptacle, but not the big lever on top that I like for certain places. I have another one still working fine next to the door in the bathroom that turns on the wireless speaker and the remote TV control (I only use one or the other but this was the simplest method.)

Reply to
Micky

Amazon has many sellers and like any other retail store, they set their own prices. Of course Home Depot is not listed as they are not an Amazon seller.

You don't have to be a Prime member to get the 2.99 price, but you do have to place an order for $25 to get the free shipping.

I don't see why you are so confused. All you have to do is read the page.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Mr Pawlowski, that free shipping threshold is now $49, just FYI : )

Reply to
ChairMan

For me, a round trip to Home Depot costs about $12.

And then there's the returned merchandise (often with missing pieces) that the big box stores put back on their shelves.

So yah, I'm hooked on Amazon.

Reply to
Bernt Tass

Mr Chairman, did you read the link? This item is available because of the Add-on program The Add-on program allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items that would be cost-prohibitive to ship on their own. These items ship with qualifying orders over $25. Details

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Micky? Read?

Reply to
rbowman

Mr Pawlowski, as usual, you are correct : ) . I did not click the link and see the add-on or realize that add-on has a lower threshold. Good to know

Reply to
ChairMan