Craftsman garage door opener

I have a Craftsman garage door opener with two remotes. The batteries in both remotes died and I replaced them. But now I cannot reset or reprogram the remotes to work with the unit. I tried pressing the red button on the receiver and then the button on the remotes until the light flashed. But the remotes still don't work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Paul

Reply to
leblon712

Did you try to unplug the garage door opener so that it re-sets? Don't know if this works or not but give it a try.

Call the customer support if nothing else works.

Reply to
K, T, E & N

Are you sure it was the batteries to begin with? Rare that both batteries would go dead at the same time, but you don't normally need to reprogram the transmitters after changing the batteries either.

However, my first suggestion would be to try to erase the memory of the receiver. Push in the smart "red" button & hold it until the LED light goes out. Then try reprogramming both transmitters again. You will also have to reprogram your keyless entry if you have one.

Doordoc

Doordoc

Hi, Thanks for the replies.

The batteries did not go out at same time. We just lived with one opener because I park my pre-historical car outside :)

Doc, can you give in plain english the directions to reset the controls. The way I understand is to press the red button, the LED goes on, then press the remote control button until the reciever's light goes from being on to off to on again. Then release the remote control button and that is that. Is my procedure correct?

Paul

Reply to
leblon712

I think the factory manual explains it something like that, but it tends to confuse people & they end up erasing the memory.

To erase the memory push & hold the red button until the LED goes off (5-6 seconds).

To program transmitters push the red button momentarily, the LED will come on & stay on. Push a transmitter button momentarily (before the LED goes off in 30 seconds). The LED will flicker and stsy off. Push the transmitter button again & the door should operate. Repeat the same steps for the second transmitter.

Doordoc

Reply to
Doordoc