Costco garage door install?

I am thinking about replacing my garage door.

Has anyone installed garage door/opener using Costco's garage door program? Opinions?

They sell Amarr Garage Doors, the DX-9000 and DX-6000 series, and Chamberlain Premium Whisper Drive.

My garage door is 16x7, the DX-6000 cost about ~650 with windows and installation for the door and opener is about $400. The opener is about $200. Is is a reasonable price?

What are the key points in installing a garage door? The current door have difficulty opening during the winter when its cold and rains. I am in bay area/california.

Thanks.

Raymond

Reply to
nospam.house

See if there is a Wayne Dalton garage door store near you and get their price. They make superior doors and their IDrive opener is something different.

Art

Wayne Dalton is cheap crap! If you want a decent door, try raynor or clopay. The installation is reasonable, though store bought openers are not as high quality as something a reputable door dealer should have in stock but it will cost you more $$$. I guess the question to ask is do you plan on living in that house for a while or moving. You do get what you pay for.

Reply to
John

Obviously you have never compared a WD door and enclosed spring to other brands. My neighbors mostly have Amarr doors. All the houses werer built about the same time. I specified WD doors.... 3 of them. None have required even an adjustment after 8 years but several of my neighbors have replaced doors and springs.

Reply to
Art

costco doesn't install it, they subcontract it out like home depot, lowes, etc does. you can frequently get the same thing or better directly from a local contractor cheaper. a lot of times only the poorer installers work for big boxes.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

I have a new house with a liftmaster belt drive and I like it....It's pretty quiet and you don't have to fool with greasing the chain or hearing the chain clap everytime you hit the remote....As far as the door I would recommend a metal one....wood roll ups can get wood rot in areas of heavy rain/humidiy....hmmm...my 2 Cents...Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac