Conductive Metal "Fuzz" For Toy Slot Cars ?

Hello,

Grandson has one of these toy car slot racing tracks.

The power to the cars (12 V batteries) comes from two rails that are built into the track.

The car picks up these rails by means of a soft, metal "fuzz" built into the underside of the car.

It's a really very fine, metallic, conductive "fuzz". Sort of like a super-fine steel wool.

It needs to be replaced.

Any idea where or who might have something suitable ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

replying to Bob, Iggy wrote: Ain't played with them in decades and never had nor heard of any Conductive Metal Fuzz. So, I had my doubts. I couldn't find any such thing at a few Slot Car hobby sites and sure enough found the answer on YouTube. Grandson or Parents have been cleaning the track with Steel Wool and that's a big no-no...you don't need fuzz and only want it gone. Cleaning the Rails on Your HO Slot Car Track

Iggy

Perhaps you've already tried to contact the toy manufacturer ?

a quick google search for slot cars results in a few sites - here's one :.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

You think maybe a hobby shop might have some contact brushes?

bob