Cutting slot for beading help pls

I have to cut a 2mm wide slot around the edge of a 15mm thick square of low density particle board (with wood-effect finish both sides) in order to fit plastic edge beading which has a toothed strip for wedging into the slot. I want it to look good and be a close and even fit without the beading looking wavy. I'd appreciate some guidance on how to best achieve this.

Machine Mart list a Wolfcraft 3120 'Super Wood Shaper' and a 3001 'Wood Shaper' for attachment to electric drills -- would these be suitable for what I want to achieve? Or something completely different? If I have to buy some gear I'd rather it be useful for other jobs as well!

-- Any help TIA Please reply to Newsgroup scrambled address

Reply to
mutley

With a router....

A cheap router can be had for as little as 15 quid. If you want a tool to keep and use for other jobs then it would be worth spending a bit more however.

A router is a very versatile tool so you will probably be able to find good uses for it in the future. (you could use it to make the edging strip as well if you want - might look better in hardwood than plastic!)

Reply to
John Rumm

get yourself a router and a slot cutter for it

have a browse around

Frank

Agree about router. A modest one for this kind of light work can be got now for about 15 ukp, usually with some cutters as well.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Thanks for all the replies. I had thought about getting a router for some time.

Reply to
mutley