Concrete block wall with drain?

Are there any concrete blocks designed to provide drainage? I have a concrete block wall at one side of a concrete patio and there is enough slope that water accumulates at the wall. I could get the patio mud-jacked to slope differently. I could get a concrete saw and cut the patio for a channel drain... but the easiest solution would be a wall that incorporates a drain. Does this exist? Thanks.

Reply to
Davej

Rebuilding the wall is easier than cutting a drain channel? You can rent a gas powered saw. If you want to rebuild the wall, you could pour concrete about 4" high above the patio with PVC drain pipe set in it and then use block from there on up. Or just make holes in the existing wall for drain pipe. Me, I'd rent the saw.

Reply to
trader_4

I used a garage door threshold seal and some liquid nails.  Mike Holmes would tear out the slab and pour a new one.

Kevin O'Connor

There is if you build it that way.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

That is the puzzle. I could remove the concrete block wall, install a series of drains, cover the drains with styrofoam blanks and then pour a new concrete wall which would then have pockets for the drains.

Reply to
Davej

Go for it ! Don't let us stop you - after all you were looking for the "easiest solution " ... duh. John T.

Reply to
hubops

If the wall is otherwise OK, why would you do all that instead of renting a concrete saw and cutting off the end of the patio where it meets the wall? It's one cut with the saw, no? And HD and similar have troughs and grate covers that fit 4" pipe.

Reply to
trader_4

What's on the other side of this wall? Where's the water going to end up going?

If it's just a block wall unless they infilled it, you can just poke the drains through it.

Certainly w/o seeing the situation it's difficult to say anything truly definitive...post some pics somewhere...

Reply to
dpb

Yes, also unknown is how much water? If it's just 1/2" that's left after a rain, just drilling some holes to give it a way out might be enough.

Reply to
trader_4

They make a fart fan vent cover for 3" and 4" ducts that just have small fixed louvers. (Metal or plastic)

Reply to
gfretwell