computer problem

I have this computer in my house. I have a problem, and want to repair it. So, I'm here.

On its own, my computer started displaying web pictures that look very rough. Not much detail. Off colors. You can tell what the picture is, but it is like a mosaic of the picture.

How do I correct this display?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Pictures where? On the desktop? Within your web browser?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Within browser. Like MSN home page. Some pictures are okay, and some are mosaic looking.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Right click on the desktop, select properties and then the settings tab. Select the highest setting your system can handle. The symptoms you describe are low resolution color settings. 256 is about the minimum to get decent color pictures.

OTH your display card may have gone bad.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

want to repair it.

that look very

the picture is, but

Did you just install a "Web Accelerator"? If so, you can probably right click on pictures and download the full resolution image. Or, disable the "web accelerator".

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Get a Mac or install LINUX on it!

Rich haahhahaha

Reply to
evodawg

Wrong group for an effective answer. Suggest you try:

24hoursupport.helpdesk

Yes, that is a usenetr group. Its not an alt. or a sci. or a rec. Just type it it as set out above

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Sounds like someone or something has reset your video driver to a really shallow color depth (like 16 colors of 256 colors).

Go into Control Panel> Display and find the settin for number of colors (exact location depends on your versio nof windows), and bump it up to as high a number as allowed.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Some badly behaved games will do that. I wonder if he's got kiddies in the house.

Reply to
Doug Kanter