coffee maker planned obsolescence

I have had that nasty burnt coffee at the airport when there was nothing else available but I wouldn't actually go there on purpose.

Reply to
gfretwell

Same here. Sometimes he makes sense but most time not.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yes, hide little snowflake, hide! And since when did coffee become such a nasty, divisive issue? For the record, for those that consider Starbucks coffee "burnt", I say you just like warm water with sugar because you're grown accustomed to drinking weak, mostly flavorless coffee.

Reply to
trader_4

Heh, Frank, you little snowflake, you're a certified trumptard! Does that make sense?

Reply to
trader_4

When I started roasting coffee I discovered a light roast is more flavorful despite a lifetime trend toward French roast and other darker roasts. More caffeine too, by all reports.

Reply to
rbowman

Roasting 101:

Randle McMurphy

John-

When I was in the army, I learned that adding a little salt to the grounds improved the flavor.

That was with a 35 cup percolator. I don't know if it would help a modern drip coffee maker.

Also, now we worry about salt clogging our arteries!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Actually, salt doesn't clog your arteries- it raises your blood pressure. Cholesterol and plaque clog your arteries...

Reply to
Wade Garrett