Cleaning paint from eyeglasses

I wanted to remove paint from a spare set of glasses. Goo Gone did a pretty good job. It took about 3 tries with soaking time in between. The paint was the the inverted marking paint. It had been on the glasses for maybe a year. Or so.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I use denatured alcohol. It dissolves latex paint pretty quick.

Reply to
Dan Espen

So does TSP - but it etches the glass - - - - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

For latex, I smear the glasses with petroleum jelly. It softens the latex.

Since I wear my glasses all the time except when I'm sleeping, the paint gets cleaned off the glasses pretty quick.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

Most solvents are not kind to plastic lenses.

Reply to
Frank

et of glasses.

d been

And if you have any of that antiglare coating on them, any solvent will def initely remove it.

Reply to
TimR