Clean/repair stained porcelain sink?

Reply to
morathtoni21

Hi Perce,

You've probably solved the problem by now, but I ran across your post when looking for a solution to a similarly worn sink. Like you, I can get the st ains out, but they reappear when just a touch of anything colorful/acidic t ouches the sink. Blueberries, tomato sauce, and raspberries make instant to ugh stains. I noticed that most of your respondents didn't address the key issue - a way to seal the porcelain to keep the stains from happening with every contact (except the guys who insist that you get a stainless steel si nk :)

Anyway, I found a product here after reading these posts:

etco.com/Bprocess.html. They have a claning/sealing/polishing system that I plan to order tonight. I'm going to get a "1-tub kit" for $34.95. Maybe I can save part to reapply in the future if needed. I'll check back here afte r I use it and let you know how it works out, if you would like. Let me kno w.

Toni

Reply to
morathtoni21

Have you tried scrubbing with Bon Ami or Zud cleanser?

Reply to
KLayton888

replying to Percival P. Cassidy, Linda Bennison wrote: I have the same problem. I read the comments. Some people didn't even talk about your sink problem.I am not sure about how to fix the sink.I have a three bowle and I don't won't to give it up .I thank I might use the sand paper on the surface. Go from there.thank you people.

Reply to
Linda Bennison

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 2:37:51 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrot e:

Got a match? Just kidding. I think as others have said, your sink's surfa ce is now actually damaged, but I undertand sinks, tubs, etc can be reglaze d. I searched on the internet and found some DYI sites regarding how to re glaze, but personally I wouldn't trust mself to do that. So I guess I'd say if your sink is worth the cost of a company coming out to refinish it, go that route. If you find that to be cost prohibitive (compared to just repl acing the sink) and you're ready for a new sink anyway, I think I'd just re place the sink.

Reply to
indianapolismepstco

Yeah, sandpaper on a porcelain/enamel sink should do wonders!

Reply to
trader_4

To be sure it is not a deposit on the porcelain instead of etching, get a peice of 2000 grit whet sandpaper and with soapy water give it a good buff. In most cases that will smooth the enamel and remove the stain, as it is a mineral based buildup ON the porcelain rather than an etch. Definitely worth a try anyway - -

Reply to
clare

If it's mineral based there are products like clr that remove it without abrasive.

Reply to
trader_4