How to clean Kohler porcelain kitchen sink

We have a 23 year old Kohler cast iron kitchen sink that we have taken good care of - dont let coffee residue stand in the sink, etc.

Now we are getting brown-gray stains that do not come off with Soft Scrub.

Do you have recommendations for methods or materials that we might try?

Thank you very much.

Dwight Gibb

Reply to
Dwight

I'd try one of the rust stain remove products, like CLR that you can get at HD, hardware store, etc With rust stains, I've seen them just disappear instantly when you put the product on.

Reply to
trader4

SWMBO just fills ours with hot tap water and a cup or two of bleach and lets it site for a few hours.

You might also try water & vinegar if the bleach doesn't work.

----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link:

Limp Arbor

fill the sink with warm water and then add a quart of bleach. Works wonders. (let sit a while)

Reply to
Steve Barker

"Steve Barker" wrote

Even half a cup works well enough.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Dwight wrote in news:gvqdnZBBZpxknDnSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Exactly where are these stains? Are they in that area where the faucet drips? Elsewhere?

CLR or equivalent. Harmless to porcelain, works wonders on mineral deposits and rust.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks every one. Clorox did it.

Reply to
Dwight

For constant upkeep, use a paper towel with a squirt of Dial antibacterial handsoap on it.

Using a swirling pattern, clean the sink. Not much water, almost dry. You'd be surprised at the dark muck that comes off onto the towel. Then rinse, Makes shiney, like new.

Reply to
Robert Macy

I've had good luck with those Magic Erasers -- they are safe, too.

Reply to
Dottie