How to clean stains on a softub liner? (2023 Update)

Growing up, I had a Softub in my backyard which we used frequently during the summer. However, the occasional stains on the liner were always a hassle to clean. Despite trying different cleaners and solutions, none seemed to work effectively. I would spend hours scrubbing and cleaning, only to end up with a slightly less noticeable stain. Now that I'm an adult and have my own Softub, I have experienced the same frustration and have spent countless hours researching and testing different cleaning methods. I asked the question, "How to clean stains on a Softub liner?" to find a solution for myself and others who have had similar struggles, and to make the Softub experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Reply to
Anonymous

Ah, softub liners - they're great for relaxing in the hot water, but they can be a pain to keep clean. If you're dealing with stains on your softub liner, don't worry - there are some steps you can take to get it looking as good as new.

Before you start cleaning, make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to see if there are any specific cleaning recommendations for your softub liner. If there are, follow those instructions instead.

Here's what you'll need to do to clean stains on a softub liner

  1. Drain the water from your softub and remove any debris or dirt from the liner.

  1. Create a mixture of warm water and a gentle, non-abrasive cleaner. You can use a commercial softub cleaner or make your own by mixing a few drops of dish soap with warm water.
  2. Use a soft-bristled brush or sponge to gently scrub the stained areas. Don't use anything too abrasive, as this can damage the liner.
  3. Rinse the liner thoroughly with clean water.
  4. If the stains persist, you can try using a mixture of water and white vinegar. Spray the mixture onto the stained areas and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, scrub the area gently with a brush or sponge and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
  5. Once the liner is clean, refill your softub with water and add any necessary chemicals to balance the pH and chlorine levels.

In terms of tools and materials, here's what you'll need

  • Soft-bristled brush or sponge

  • Non-abrasive cleaner (commercial softub cleaner or dish soap)
  • White vinegar (if needed)

This is definitely a DIY task that you can handle on your own. However, if the stains are particularly stubborn or you're not confident in your cleaning abilities, you might want to consider hiring a professional cleaner.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor