Getting Rid of Cat Urine Smell Under Your Porch - No Harm, No Foul (2023 Update)

No good answers .....everyone was wanting to shoot the cats!!! Ididn't ask how to get rid of cats!!!!!!!!!! I have no desire to kill every animal in site!! I just want to get rid of cat smell under a porch!

Reply to
Debby Joe

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with cat urine smell under your porch. It's understandable that you don't want to harm the cats - after all, they're just doing what comes naturally to them. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to get rid of the smell without harming any animals.

First, you'll want to locate the source of the smell. Look for areas where the cats might be urinating, such as corners or areas with loose dirt or sand. Once you've found the affected areas, you can start the cleaning process.

Here's what you'll need to do:

Remove any debris or litter in the affected area.

  1. Use a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar to soak the area. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
  2. Use a scrub brush to gently scrub the area.
  3. Rinse the area with clean water.
  4. Allow the area to dry completely.
  5. Once the area is dry, sprinkle baking soda over it and let it sit for several hours. Baking soda is a natural deodorizer and will help absorb any remaining odor.
  6. Vacuum up the baking soda.

In terms of pros and cons of fixing the issue yourself vs. hiring a professional, this is definitely a DIY task that you can handle on your own. However, if the smell persists after several attempts to clean the area, it might be worth considering hiring a professional cleaner to take a look.

In terms of tools and materials, here's what you'll need:

  • Water
  • White vinegar
  • Scrub brush
  • Baking soda