chinese booby traps

man this thread is bringing them out in droves.

i think a few childeren have indeed been left behind....

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Not exactly a booby trap but this did cost me an extra trip yesterday.

The cam lock on the kneehole drawer of one of our front office desks failed last week, so over the weekend I drove to the nearest Lowes and picked up a replacement. Not exactly a cutting edge product, those locks, they've probably been made to somewhat the same design for at least a hundred years.

The blister packed cam lock I grabbed and bought for $3.98 was marked "Made to Belwith's specifications in China."

When I went to install it I found that when I assembled this POS (per the instructions) either the cylinder was a bit too short or the lock body slightly long, because tightening the screw which holds the cam and rotation washer to the cylinder caused the lock to bind up tighter than a bull's ass in fly season.

I could have taken it home and milled away the back end of the lock body to gain the clearance needed for it to work, but instead I zipped around the corner to a family run locksmith shop where I bought a cam lock marked "Made in USA" for $6.80. Now, maybe some of the parts of that lock came from another country, but I bet the assembly and inspection took place here.

Total damage from that booby trap? The time and gas I wasted driving 10 miles roundtrip to buy that Chinese made one at Lowes. You do the math.

Jeff,

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

It's always funny when people preface something by saying it isn't what it obviously is.

Reply to
Sam O'Nella

It's not the fault of the Chinese that you choose to buy - not only - the wrong equipment for the job (that seems to be a pattern for you)... but the cheapest as well.

Surprise! You didn't save a damn thing, and you bored everyone here with your sob story.

Reply to
Matt

What starts with P and rhymes with "SCHLOINK"?

Reply to
Sam O'Nella

Damn. Ya got me. ;)

Reply to
Sam O'Nella

You don't think Jeff is going to POINK me do you?

Reply to
Matt

Very likely; I'd get the hankies and "after cigarette" ready now.

Reply to
Sam O'Nella

whats funny is that for one brief moment i expected sanity.

whats funny is that theres always some angry young man was gonna place the race card not because he actually cares, but simply because he can.

whats funny.... is you.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

hehe...

So why do you do it? Is usenet your "confessional" or something?

Thanks; I vastly prefer funny to pathetic.

Reply to
Sam O'Nella

You foolish left wing Bush haters just never give up do you? no matter how wild the story, how ridiculous or scripted, you idiots just keep on spewing hate. Well, keep it up, its how we Republicans win elections. What a moron. Eric

Reply to
Eric

report to your television set for programming

Reply to
effi

you right wing morons are such sore winners. while the whole country is the losers.

praise the lord and pass that god damned ammunition!!!! dont worry how much it costs, jesus says its ok and the govnment is paying.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

How could any Bush hater be foolish? the man is a IDIOT its obvious even the republicans can see he is a dim bulb

Reply to
rnr_construction

I think you got that backwards.

Even a Dim Bulb can see he's a Republican.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

HA HA HA HA! Got a good laugh out of that!

Very good indeed! I sure can't come up with something like that!

You have a web page or file or doc full of such humourous takeoffs?

Wouldn't mind seeing more such stuff.

David

Reply to
David Combs