Ceiling fan motor hum

I have a ceiling fan (Casablanca) that I noticed the motor seems louder than it was before at low speed.

The switch is a 4 position and works fine any ideas ?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

Was it made in China?

Reply to
Nick Hull

Electrical or something is comming loose

Reply to
m Ransley

Can't see where its manufactured.

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

I can think of three things that could hum.

The motor can hum, it usually would be the windings coming loose. Not as bad as it might sound, but it will get worse and you should replace the motor now, not next year.

Some speed controls can hum. Is the speed switch part of the fan or at a wall switch?

Something mechanical loose. This should sound different.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
tflfb

Then I guess we can eliminate it as the direct cause of the hum.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan