Ceiling fan extending from inside ceiling

I am tring to mount a ceiling fan on my back porch. The ceiling is angled on each side and then about a one foot wide strip is flat down the middle. The problem is that the only beam to mount the fan to is about 6 to 8 inches up in the ceiling, I have an extension rod so it would hang down low enough but I cannot find a cannopy that actually clamps to the pole so that I could cover the hole up with it. I need something that will hide the hole enough that it will look decent.

thanks,

Jeremy

Reply to
Distancevector

Make something.

Find a decorative item, cut a hold for the rod in the center, and then cut it in half. Mount each half on a side. You can probably find something in a good lighting store or restoration catalog. Even a round wood plaque can work.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski