electric oven-Help!

Home repair friends, I have a Whirlpool (mod #RBD275PD) in-wall electric oven. It has worked perfectly since installed seven years ago. A few days ago I ran the self-cleaning cycle, which did a fine job. Last night was the first time I've needed to use the oven since the cleaning. I set the temperature and started the oven as usual. When the pre-heat timer chimed I opened the door and the oven was stone cold. The light, fan, clock, and all controls are all working, but neither the top nor the bottom elements will heat. I have checked that there are no delayed cooking times set and that the temperature lock is turned off. I checked my circuit breakers--nothing was tripped. I flipped the breaker off and then back on--still nothing. I'm stumped. Is it possible that the self-cleaning cycle coincidentally burned out both heating elements at the same time? Any ideas as to what might be happening and how I can remedy the situation will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Moo :-)

Reply to
Moocatdog

Hi,

Unlikely!

A wire could have burnt off inside the unit, esp at the power block, safety thermostat switch may have opened up in the clean cycle....like the one below...

protector (fuse)

That is -part- of the full model#.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Jeff, Thanks for your response. Would burned wires at the power block and/or a stuck safety thermostat be items a relatively handy homeowner could deal with? Your expert guidance would be appreciated. Also, my full model number appears to be RBD275PD06. Thanks again, Moo :-)

Reply to
Moocatdog

Hi,

Yes and yes. The oven(s) would have to be pulled out to view the power terminal block ( on top ) and the safety thermostat ( on the back ).

Closest that I found RBD275PDQ6, RBD275PDB6....I went with the Q might look like an O.

This should have continuity when ohmed with an ohm meter, or join the

2 wires toegther as a test.

(thermal fuse)

Check for 220 volts AC coming into the black and red oo the power block....

power terminal block

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Jeff, Thanks again. I'll see what I can do. Moo :-)

Reply to
Moocatdog