whirlppol accubake oven locked

I have a whirlpool accubake self cleaning oven. I cleaned it today (for Thanksgiving), but it is now stuck in the locked position. There is no diplay panel showing, and nothing responds. We made sure we didn't pop a breaker, etc. Any FAST ideas?

Reply to
randee

Try flipping the breaker off, wait a couple of minutes and then flip it back on. Might work, can't hurt.

Tom G

Reply to
Tom G

My self-cleaning oven stays locked until the temperature comes down to some preset level, even though the outside is only slightly warm, it stays locked for a while.. You may just need to wait.

Hope this helps -- Terry

Reply to
prfesser

locked until the temperature comes down to

Reply to
Howard

I had EXACTLY the same problem. I went to the parts store and got a replacement assembly that included the drive motor and two switches. $62 total. Parts # 9760888. Take the model number (lower right hand side of inside edge of oven with door open) with you, and if possible, the old part. Write down on the cabinet the way you take off the wires, using their colors. There are two small screws that hold the strips along side the oven. When you take those off, there are two screws that hold the oven to the wall. Unplug it and pull it out. Take off the top cover panel to get to the motor assembly.

Now, this is assuming your oven is like mine. In the meantime, you can take a fork, pull the door out a little, and insert the fork in and push from right to left to open the door. You might have to poke around.

This is a job any DIYer can do. They wanted $350 to fix mine!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B