Canister Vacuum

I would like recommendations and suggestions for a canister vacuum. Also, I'd like suggestions for features to have and to avoid.

Reply to
George

~I would like recommendations and suggestions ~for a canister vacuum. ~Also, I'd like suggestions for features to have and to avoid.

Check

Ev Dugan

I have a Miele and am very happy with it quiet and very powerful 3 stage filter and you can get a Hepa filter for it if you'd like.

Recommendations are tough without knowing its use you might be better off with a shopvac!

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

I have a friend who just finished raving about her Miele cannister vacuum. It's expensive, but she thinks it's the best thing ever developed!

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL

I currently have a Panasonic (canister.) Been very pleased with it. Works great picking up the mounds of dog hair :0)) Before that we had a Sharpe upright. Another good model. If we ever get another vac I will be sure to pick one with an extra L O N G hose to reach those up high spots...

Reply to
Marshall

I have a Eureka. Only drawback is I have to order bags off the internet, I can't find a local distributor for the bags. I got it at Costco, open box for $170, usually costs $250. I have hardwood floors, so I haven't used the beater bar attachnment. It is very quiet too. Love it.

Reply to
sueg

Hoover Windtunnel. Can't give you specific model number. Only feature I wish it had would be an on/off switch on the handle. Mine only controls the powerhead -- the vacuum itself has a foot switch on the canister. Electronic speed control for the motor would also be nice, instead of or in addition to a sliding vent.

Watch out for bags. Canisters are becoming obscure and so are the bags. Hint: eBay.

BTW, if you don't need something right away, wait for a sale.

Mike snipped-for-privacy@onuj.com (reverse domain)

Reply to
Michael S. Trachtenberg

Reply to