can opener cutting wheel

Where would one find a new cutting wheel for a handheld can opener? I know you could buy a whole new one but I love a challenge.

Reply to
herbwhite59

Looking at my Kitchen Aid opener, there is no fixed edge. Two gears, one drives the toothed wheel, the other drives the round cutter. The only thing that touches the inside of the rim is the round wheel.

Reply to
rbowman

Ahhh Ha .. now that I see it - I must admit that I have seen that type before. I've just recently replaced my ~ 10 year old Lil Kim with another Lil Kim. John T.

Reply to
hubops

You probably have to go back to the manufacturer and they will special order one from China for you. It will come with the next shipment in a few months and cost twice as much as a new can opener.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I must admit I've never seen anything like the Super Kim. I assume that's what you meant; googling for Lil Kim only finds a bleached out female dindu with a mouth the makes me look like a choir boy.

Reply to
rbowman