Can I safely paint this chimney?

It's made up of cement blocks and used by one wood stove only. It's already painted yellow by the previous owners but was wondering if I could paint it something else.

thanks

Reply to
Hank

Why not??

Reply to
Lawrence

Well I would guess it would be safe assuming you don't fall off a latter or something. If it was properly constructed in the first place it should be fine.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I was thinking it might be a fire hazard but I supposed the outside doesn't get hot enought to ignite

Reply to
Professor

Professor spake thus:

Believe us, if the outside of your chimbley gets hot enough to ignite paint, then deciding whether to paint it or not is the least of your problems.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

No, it will still be a chimney.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The law is all block chimneys must be painted yellow. Ok just use exterior latex....

Reply to
m Ransley