Can furnace gas valve solenoids be repaired/replaced?

Me, I'm still wondering how Empire, whoever they are, sells threads for a gas valve. Or anything for that matter. I haven't looked at a gas valve in awhile, but seems to me the threads are female and part of the valve body.

Reply to
trader_4

replying to trader4, GG wrote: Empire quoted me $395.00 for gas valve replacement for stand alone heater. Yeeeeeeeow! Id rather tried replacing just the solenoid if i can find one, or a used gas valve.

Reply to
GG

Try eBay...I retrofitted an old "wild pilot" heater in the pump house with new safety-valve/pilot a few years ago with NOS (new, old stock) parts for about $20...

Reply to
dpb

Also many times you can cross-reference the part number to an equivalent that's available from multiple sources instead of the "Carrier" or whatever part. That works for many motors for example.

Reply to
trader_4

Indeed. The valve I used was just off-the-shelf White valve; nothing to do with the specific heater whatsoever.

Dimensions are pretty-much stock so shouldn't make much difference whos OP actually uses.

Reply to
dpb

replying to trader_4, Drewk wrote: Probably means the thread adapters to go from 3/4 to 1/2 inch pipe

Reply to
Drewk

Wow where did ya cum up with thatn fer 60? just kicked out tha ol honeywell 77 model n it ran 329 tanxs for tha info

Reply to
patchworkssewingllc