Can anyone find a video for the circular Bathtub Spout diverter repair kit please?

I think the circular one is called an American Standard 012653-0020a

The only ones I can find are the other type, - the white slide-up/down ones or the 'replace the whole spout' ones

Reply to
Amandaa Ripanykhazov

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:20:29 -0400, Amandaa Ripanykhazov posted for all of us to digest...

Call American Standard to see if they have a video. Do a boggle search for American Standard diverters. Call a plumber. What's special about it?

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz

Nothing whatsoever! It is apparently just the ones that don't have the flat white piece with the V shaped piece that grabs the diverter. But there are so many of the (Moen ones with the?) Flat piece on youtube that I can't understand why there are no American Standard circular ones.

It is possible that this question arises because of how bad the YouTube search function algorithm is.

Where there can be 30 videos obviously pertaining to a certain question, YouTube's results never seem to return any more than a measly two videos before the algorithm goes back to returning the invariably completely useless results from your own past questions.

Does search work any better with different browsers? For me, it doesn't even seem to work any differently when I search from within YouTube from when you search in google. To me, that indicates that this problem isn't a browser thing.

Reply to
Amandaa Ripanykhazov

Have you read the product reviews re the diverter at

Several ask for instructions on replacing the diverter, but are only told to call A-S Customer Service for help/instructions

here is one response "Hello, Thank you for reaching out to American Standard. Thank you for your question on our tub spout repair kit. Instructions for assembly should come with the repair kit, if you did not receive them we can talk you through the repair. Please contact us at 1-855-815-0004 and an American Standard Consumer Connection Advisor will be happy to assist you. We are available Monday - Friday between 8AM - 7PM ET and Saturday, 10AM - 4PM ET. Sincerely, Your American Standard Consumer Connection Team"

Good luck...

Reply to
retired1

Yes, it is weird but I'll bet the problem lies with YouTube's pathetic search function which thinks it can give the user what he is interested in rather than what he has searched for!

Of the de-emphasised videos, I did find this guy who says he couldnt find it either, so he gives a half of the job, leaving out how he took it apart. But that may be no more than taking off a circlip.

It seems American Standard won't sell the washer which seems to be the only bit that wears, so he re-conditions his existing one!!

I think I will try that first, especially as he says his heating up of the washer is a lasting repair. Interestingly he seems to call it a Moen??

Reply to
Amandaa Ripanykhazov

On further checking, my fitment is different from the one in the video: There is no circlip, just a split collar with the central shaft having a push-in 'ball' end which doesn't seem to come off without breaking that white collar.'

I suppose it isn't repairable, which hopefully doesn't matter much where the repair kit comprises the replacement.

(Oh, and the helpline isn't operational today)

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazov