bye bye

I find myself having to upgrade to Yosemite on my computer and that no longer supports MT_Newswatcher and I haven't found anything to replace it because I have neither the time nor the desire to learn a new one at this stage. So, afte rhangin around Usenet for around 25 years, I say so long. It has been fun. Be cool. Kurt

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Sorry to see you go.

FWIW, the Newsreader part of Mozilla's Thunderbird has worked quite well for me for years on my Mac mini w/Yosemite, watching about 25 NGs.

Reply to
Retired

I am not sure what Yosemite is (Apple?) but Agent is a pretty easy news reader if it will run on your machine. I suppose you could use ... gag... Google Groups.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hate to see you go. It is getting sparse out here with sensible people How about trying Thunderbird? Free, easy to use.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On 08/09/2015 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote: ...

+1 (twice't)...
Reply to
dpb

Sea Monkey has a newsgroup reading feature if it helps.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

longer supports MT_Newswatcher and I haven't found anything to replace

Well, that sucks, you lazy SOB. Can't be bothered to learn something new to keep hanging with your buds? I always suspected you were a lazy Luddite with no sense of loyalty!!!

How many years have you been wearing your "bikini" sig line? I think it's warn out by now. Just wanted to let you know before you go. (-:

At least you've confirmed the old saying:

"The Upgrade giveth and the Upgrade taketh away."

Well, seriously I hope you can find a replacement reader that isn't too taxing. I know how you feel about not wanting to have to learn new stuff. It's been that way since DOS 1.13 and Cobol. As in why did the rename "FIND" into "SEARCH?"

Maybe one last "threat" will convince you to look harder. Since you're leaving I'll have to reactivate all the threads where I let you have the last word and claim all the last words for me! I think I have over 25 in the draft folder. The last being a lengthy rebuttal to defense of your counting abilities and your ambiguous use of the words "kind" and "type" when describing the contraceptives banned by the Hobby Lobby. There's also the issue of whether Hobby Lobby's incorrect classification of a contraceptive as an abortificant affects your or the Court's taxonomy.

Arguing with you can get strenuous for at times, as the Lampoon once said, "you are slipperier than an eel in a barrel of Vaseline." (-:

You should reconsider. The last thing this group needs is to lose yet another voice of sanity.

P.S. Speaking of Yosemite, they just found someone with the Plague!!! that they believe acquired it from rodents where they were camping.

Reply to
Robert Green

Yes, OS-X

Gag indeed. In addition to how clunky it is to use, you pretty much have to give them Javascript access to perhaps 20 different scripts/urls. Deja-Vu wasn't great but Google turned it into pure garbage. Google Groups makes Google Glass seem the greatest thing since electricity. And what really burns is that they KEEP making it worse. Even Zune MP3 software wasn't that bad. Did I say how much I dislike Google Groups? I don't block GG users (not sure why others do) and in fact I quite admire them for being willing to put up with that user-unfriendly POS.

We'll find Kurt a new newsreader - somewhere. He can't quit so easily. (-:

Reply to
Robert Green

Works with my mini w/Yosemite, too. I never did learn to use it because it just works.

Reply to
J Burns

I agree with everyone else. Hate to see you go. etc.

Maybe after you learn Yosemite you'll have the >P.S. Speaking of Yosemite, they just found someone with the Plague!!! that

I didn't know rodents called it camping.

Reply to
micky

I agree....Thunderbird works great for me.

Reply to
philo

To manage the user's expectations. You can SEARCH, but there's no guarantee that you'll FIND.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Me too.

Reply to
Frank

I thought that rodents weren't allowed to camp at Yosemite as they were leaving too much garbage around. ===

Reply to
Roy

Kurt, nice if you could stay, but if you do leave, please take E.D. Burka-Jerkagerkin with you. Thanks!

Reply to
bob_villa

Maybe they have subrodents to eat their garbage.

Reply to
micky

Ta ta for now

Reply to