Painting Metal Shower Stall

I'm renovating a small bath in the basement that contains an old sheet metal shower stall. The nit is in good condition (no rust or leaks) but it's an awful grey-beige color. I neither desire nor need to replace the shower, but I would like to paint if. Since it's sheet metal tiling is out of the question. Also, this showe unit is right next to the gas hot water heater (open flame), so flammable solvent-based paints or epoxies are also a no-no. I'm looking into Benjamin Moore's IMPERVEX and IRON CLAD products and also considering pool paint as possibilities. Has anyone ever painted a sheet metal shower, and how did it work out? Thanks for any input, Michael E.

Reply to
Michael E.