Buying new fridge to replace GE Profile (2023 Update)

Apparently you can easily access the white water tank, you should inspect the hose to see if the hose is firmly attached to the white water tank. Try to press the switch of the water dispenser and look at the white water tank at the same time to see if water is leaking from where the hose enters the tank.

It will be a bigger job if the water is not leaking from the hose going into the white water tank. I have watched your YouTube video. At 4:30 of the video you can see the valve for the ice maker and the chilled water dispenser. Apparently the valve housing is either cracked, or the polyethylene (PE) hose is not seated properly into the valve housing. PE is very tough material so I don't think the PE hose is cracked. The most likely possibility is that the PE hose is not seated properly. You can start from 4:30 of the video and learn how you can detach the PE hose and insert it back firmly.

You have a female name. I think you should tell your lazy husband or boyfriend to fiddle with it. That's what they are for.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I think you misunderstood Mighty's point.

You do know, don't you, that help desks all over the world are given scripts to read, including in the USA with employees whose ancestors have been here for 200 years.

I'm sure there are Filipinos who know in detail how to fix your refrigerator, but they are not going to sit there answering the phone. They are on the job, fixing appliances.

So your ethnic dig just made you look like a (semi?)-nasty person.

Reply to
micky

Our fridge has an ice maker but I don't think we've ever used it after the initial test when it was hooked up. That reminds me that I should just turn it off. After checking with my wife, of course.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

When I was in my 30's and I had 2 roommates, I complained to them that when they used the ice they didn't refill the ice trays fully. How hard is that, and now there's not enough ice.

I only complained once or twice but it bothered me for at least a year until I realized they were not using the ice at all. It was evaporating. I wasn't using it very much either,

But they were jerks I eventually learned, and in this case, neither bothered to say that they didn't use the ice.

Reply to
micky

It wasn't an ethical dig, it was a comment that untrained foreign accents on support lines seem OFTEN to be reading from scripts whereas on the GE 800 number, the American accents often used to give users the solution to the problem. To underline this, after the Haier takeover, even the American accents seem to be reading from scripts, which is why I made my comment about wondering if it was possible to talk to someone today at their 800 number who might know from experience what the solution to the problem is.

(OT but) There is nothing inherently wrong with hearing a tech support foreign accent. On eBay, hearing a Filipino accent indicates that the caller will probably get his question dealt with properly. Hearing an American accent may well indicate that the user is dealing with Adyen and WON'T get his problem addressed!

THAT is the very point that someone with experience at a tech support like who is not working from scripts may well have noticed.

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazova