Ge Profile Fridge not workiing

Yesterday it started making a clicking noise. Click, click, click... about every 2 seconds.

The model number is: PSHS6RGXCDSS

I did some searches online and it seems like the mother board may be the problem.

The front panel does not light up. I don't think it is cooling at all. I don't hear it running. The lights come on when I open the door.

I tried turning it off and on from the fuse box. It did seem like it tried to boot up. I saw some numbers flash on the front panel. But then it went dark and the clicking noise started again.

I'm leaning towards getting a new fridge. This one was purchased in February 2010.

Sometimes this Fridge has problems cooling in the summer. That's why I am leaning towards a new fridge. Also 8 years old seems like it might be time.

Then again, if I can repair it for under $500 I might consider it. New it was about $1500.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the clicking noise.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
szeik

Locate the clicking. If it's on the MB look for bad capacitors and replace. If it's the relay on the compressor, replace that relay. Got that from these.

Motherboards are pretty cheap, $50-150.

Good luck.

Reply to
Vic Smith