Busted PVC plastic glued on hose bib today - have you ever seen one of those?

Busted plastic glued on hose bib today - have you ever seen one of those? o

Strange setup o
Nipple was glued in o
The whole thing is glued o
How can it be repaired?

Wife wanted a set of ornamental hose bibs to replace leaky faucets. o I've never seen a hose bib that was pvc plastic

It screwed off easily, but then the nipple broke when I tried to replace it.

I tried screwing off the rest of the white plastic but it seems glued on. I can't get behind it as it's coming from an area that has no crawl space, so it has to be accessed from either the inside or outside wall.

I'd replace the whole pipe if I could get to it, but if I can't, any ideas as to what's the safest way to repair it?

I don't know where the second downspout goes, but it's probably to a water feature that we don't use (but which exists, and which likely had its own shutoff valve). Dunno what the drain tube is for, nor did I even know about the bare wires (I put the wire nuts on the ends) which I only saw when I cleared out the growth around the faucet.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Arlen Holder

is the pipe embeded in a slab or in a tubafor wall???

Reply to
Garey

Maybe doing a search for pvc adapter will help. Would heating the 90º elbow just a little do any good? Is using a hose to complete the circuit an option? That might work if the underground fitting isn't embedded in concrete. You'd have to file the ribs off of the elbow, of course.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The slab is an output as far as I can tell. The PVC pipe is coming out of the stucco wall. I can't yet, for the life of me, get _behind_ that stucco wall. My hope is to figure out some (clever?) way to "repair" the pipe from the outside.

If I could get inside, it would be trivial as I'd remove the pipe all the way back to a good section and then plumb a copper pipe with a shutoff on the inside - but I can't _find_ where the pipe comes from inside the wall.

It's a very complicated multi-story custom home where there are no squares. Everything is at an angle (it's like an octagon, of sorts).

Each floor has about 4 feet of "empty space" that's closed off so I only know about it when I measure. I guess the pipes "could" be in that empty space between floors, but there is no opening.

Anyway, that means I have to fix this from the outside. o But how?

How can it be repaired?

Reply to
Arlen Holder