Broken screen frame corner

I just finished rescreening our kitchen screen. My husband started cleaning around the frame before reinstalling the screen when “bang” a frame corner snapped off into the screen. We got replacement corners but how the heck can I get the broken piece from inside the frame itself? Thx

Reply to
Amelia

Just push it in far enough to put the repair corner in.

Reply to
gfretwell

Best answer but sometimes they're staked in and won't budge. I figured a way last time, probably a small drill bit or Dremel. It was a pain the rear getting the window apart (aluminum storm window, a bird flew in and cracked it, judging by a small down feather stuck to it) and of course the corner cracked in the process. I replaced with Lexan. I resolved next time I did this I wouldn't try to disassemble, just buy new corners and cut the old ones with a Dremel cutoff wheel along the diagonal.

Reply to
TimR