Screen Replacement-Pool Enclosure-How Done?

We're spending a few days in the Orlando area visiting friends and my curious mind got to wondering about this....

I don't think I've ever seen a nylon screened outdoor swimming pool enclosure anywhere around our home town Boston area, but they are as thick as thieves down where we are right now.

I started wondering what methods are used to gain safe access when needed to repair a damaged screen somewhere on the typical arched top of those enclosures.

All I can think of short of a "skyhook" is laying plywood or boards over the area the worker(s) need to walk or crawl on to reach the area where they need to remove the damaged screen and spline in a new piece.

Is there specialized access equipment used by pros who repair those enclosures, and if so what is it?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

The guys building them are busy as flies. Every time a hurricane comes in, the house needs a new enclosure in many cases.

My cousin builds them in South Florida. He built himself a few narrow beams (aluminum) that are light, easily moved and positioned, ladders, etc.

Oren

Oren

I suppose if you read the OSHA manual you should be putting up scaffolding but the screen monkeys around here just climb on the framing and roll it in. That is far to scary for me ... but I weigh

200# and these guys are usually about half that. If you can get to the frame from the bottom you can start each section from the inside and roll to the edge, finishing from the next section until you get to the edge where you roll the last part from outside. Over a pool you will need a tall ladder that can get wet.
Reply to
gfretwell