Fire officers

Who have had a bad incident. If I stole coffee creamer from work i would be history. I fly blm flag. We need really outstanding cops and the bad need to go. Fire every one who is on corrective action today.

Reply to
Thomas

You couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer and deal with that shit.

Reply to
Andy

Me either. My nephew, brother-in-law and 2 uncles as well as at least

2 1st cousins were cops. Not sure if being a cop makes some into total a-holes or if it's the job that attracts them - but from the ones that fit that description from my small sampling it's the latter. The ones that ended up being a-hole cops were generally a-hole kids too. The ones that were decent kids were also, on the whole, decent cops.
Reply to
Clare Snyder

Good question. I suppose there is research on this. There certainly are psychological tests they make them take before hiring them, though I'm not sure the small departments can afford the tests, Maybe the state government pays. And I would think you could trick the tests. They all get to carry guns, they have protection from false arrest suits (if they had good faith or reasonable suspicion or some such), and they often have the thin blue line that makes other cops protect them.

When I was 23 I had a girlfriend with a roommate about 23 or 25 and she would go to parties and sometimes there were cops there and she told about one. He had his gun on and it bumped against her hip when they were dancing. Or for some other reason they talked about it. And she said he said, "Yeah, when I've got this on I know I'm a man."

She was totally turned off.

Reply to
micky

If you fired all of the inner city cops with disciplinary actions you couldn't fill the shifts. It is not an easy job and your chance of getting beat up or killed on any given day is pretty good. They have to be tough to survive.

Reply to
gfretwell

Sounds like my ex-BIL. I think the only reason he became a cop was the gun. He always had one on him. The good news though, he was only on patrol for a couple of months and he rolled a car. After that he was on desk duty. Not the end of the story though, he managed to trip and fall and did another year of disability. Still carried a gun though, but the citizens are safer with him off the street.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Me either. There are two, three counting teachers, police of any kind and the military ground pounders.

The congress does not think anyting of sending people out to get killed, but they will not meet now and do the job they were elected to do.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery