Broken Plastic facia on Dishwasher.

I have a dishwasher that is 6 years old and has a broken plastic front facia that holds the start button ad control panel at the top of the door. Is there any sort of 'sticky tape' that is suitable for holding the facia in place?, the duct tape i am using keeps coming off. (currently stuck around the plastic and on to the metal lip of the door.) A new part from hotpoint is £80 without labour !!!!

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul Watkins

Double sided carpet tape might do the trick. No idea what you call it in the UK. Also, there are thin pieces of foam with sticky stuff on both sides that is good for holding irregular surfaces together. Both are pretty much of a "one way trip," and do not come off easily. Also consider the "putty" type epoxy resins... two parts, thick stuff, mix up, "trowel" in place.

Reply to
professorpaul

try vhb tape. 3m makes a good one.

Reply to
charlie

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll give them a go

Paul

Reply to
Paul Watkins

A couple of stratgically placed daps of RTV-732 oughta do the trick. Available in many colors...

732 Multipurpose=97 For sealing, bonding, and gasketing. Bonds metal, plastic, ceramic, glass, natural and synthetic fiber, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, and wood. Can be used on overhead and vertical surfaces. Begins to harden in 20 minutes. Temperature range is -76=B0 to +356=B0 F for aluminum, clear, and white; -76=B0 to +400=B0 = F for black. All meet MIL-A-46106B. FDA and USDA compliant. NSF 51 certified and NSF 61 certified for use with food equipment and drinking water systems. UL recognized.

I love that stuff!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:06:24 -0700, the infamous "charlie" scrawled the following:

Alternatively, use one of the GOOPs. I use ShoeGOOP (Shoe GOO over there) and PlumbersGOOP regularly, and they are the best all-purpose adhesives I've used yet.

or

The Thinking Man's Duct Tape(tmLJ)

I haven't tried it yet, but I just got a tube of E6000, their industrial bonding offering. The 3.7oz (110ml) tube was $5.49 delivered (USA) from an eBay vendor.

or

Reply to
Larry Jaques