bluetooth at 164 feet

it would be interesting to ask Logitech but they are pushing their system pretty hard.

Reply to
gfretwell

Are you saying it's kind of like those Chinese 300 mile TV antennas for $15 on Ebay? You mileage may vary? :)

Reply to
trader_4

At last! Someone else who is as sceptical and wary of BT as I am. The miracle is that it works *at all*; expecting it to work *well* is asking for the moon on a stick.

I've found BT to be very unreliable. Most of the time you can bring together two previously-paired devices and they will automatically establish a connection and work perfectly. But... an annoyingly large minority of times, they fail to connect automatically or spontaneously disconnect or fail partially (eg can still play sound from phone through BT earphones but stop/pause/rew/ff controls stop working. The remedy is to turn the headset off and back on to force it to reboot and to connect again. Until the next time it goes belly-up...

Reply to
NY

My biggest problem with BT headsets is the delay. If you are just listening to music it might be OK but trying to watch a video is ridiculous.

Reply to
gfretwell

I went to Canada Computers in Waterloo to buy a "bluetooth Keyboard" and they tried to sell me a Logitech"unifying system" keyboard saying it WAS bluetooth. It might use bluetooth-like 2.4ghz technology - but it is NOT Bluetooth and can NOT be connected to a pure bluetooth adapter.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They are pushing their bluetooth easy switch technology pretty hard now too - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Did the shine a light in one ear and look in the other? Want my prediction what would have happened if they did?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I already insulted myself and you think you can be funny by using an old joke like this.

Reply to
micky

I WAS going to bring transmission of radio waves in a vaccum into the discussion but I figured "nah".

Reply to
Clare Snyder