One comment: they are directional in that you can aim the exhaust some what. Mine are pointed down and back towards my shoulders.
But these valves are meant to make breathing out easier, right? while using the rest of the mask to filter the air that comes in, right? It seems that vents like this defeat the so-called goal of masks, to protect the other people.

Agree. But if a bandana is considered acceptable " to protect others " ... these sports masks wouldn't be any worse. John T.
On 2020-06-29 01:41, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

You would not cluster bomb others when you coughed. So maybe slightly better.
T used his or her keyboard to write :

I very much doubt that.
T explained :

Wrong again.
On 2020-06-29 11:27, FromTheRafters wrote:

te:

lacement/dp/B087TCPFPH/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=n95+mask&link_c ode=qs&qid93368505&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-9&tag=mozill a-20

knew

the

others "  ...

Translation: you don't have an argument to present.
T was thinking very hard :

Already presented, and already ignored by you.
What makes you think that *everything* on there gets *everyone* else and that not perfect means not worth even trying?
On 2020-06-29 15:05, FromTheRafters wrote:

eplacement/dp/B087TCPFPH/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=n95+mask&link _code=qs&qid93368505&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-9&tag=mozi lla-20

im the

t others

As I do believe you pointed out, maybe someone else, there is a certain threshold necessary to infect you. If the mask does not protect to that point, then they are useless.
And when useless, the constant scratching and readjusting puts the wearer at more risk. Transfer by hand contact is a YUGE transmission vector. And the cluster bombing of everyone else is not appreciated. But they do give you a false sense of self righteousness.
And as I have pointed out before, the vast majority of fatalities are nursing homes. You know, the places where folks at the greatest risk live. And the place were the Democrat Butcher of New York forced folks to take people infected with the commie flu. But since he is a Democrat and protected by American Pravda, you don't care. Lets all wear useless masks.
And as you put it, "not even worth trying?" A lot of damned good face masks did to protect those people that Cuomo sentenced to death.
Here is an idea. If you are sick, STAY HOME!
Here is another idea, PROTECT THOSE AT RISK. DON'T PUT INFECTED PEOPLE IN NURSING HOMES.
T wrote on 6/29/2020 :

Erroneous conclusion. The probability of picking up the virus particles increases as the amount of contamination increases.
If it only took a single particle for an infective dose every time, *then* they would be *almost* useless. They would still protect a little but might not be worth the effort.

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

More deflection.

Your hatred is clouding your vision.

More deflection, can't you do any better than that?

Stay home anyway, you might not know that you are sick. Help to protect your fellow man.

Deflection again.
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Erroneous conclusion.
It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.
--
Maggie

Muggles used his or her keyboard to write :

Yes, it is, and people don't wear them just to feel 'self-righteous' either. They do so because it is the right thing to do for society.
On 2020-06-30 13:14, FromTheRafters wrote:

Even when it is not the right thing to do for society? Masks are for show only.
On 7/3/2020 12:53 AM, T wrote:

yeah ..
--
Maggie

On 2020-06-30 09:53, Muggles wrote:

I think he means well. He just is not in for challenging his conclusions.
Masks are useless. And since wearing one (touching your face, etc.) puts you are at more risk, you go out infect and infect others when you are asymptomatic
On 2020-06-30 01:45, FromTheRafters wrote:

increases.
You are presuming it is a linear curve. It is not. It goes up and them flattens out
T formulated on Friday :

No, I am not. I am not assuming any curve whatsoever, not even linear.
The probability is directly related to the amount of contamination with all else being equal. More contamination means more infections.
On 6/29/2020 4:51 PM, T wrote:

ROFLMAO!  So true!
On 2020-06-29 16:53, Roger Oveur wrote:

eplacement/dp/B087TCPFPH/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=n95+mask&link _code=qs&qid93368505&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-9&tag=mozi lla-20

im the

t others

It is right out out Rules for Radicals. Mock, do not engage in debate.
On 2020-06-28 19:26, micky wrote:

Hi Micky,
You did not happen to come across this same filter without the valve hole?
-T
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 10:33:44 -0400, Ralph Mowery

Concentrating on all the trivial aspects of wearing masks - - is missing the point !
I strongly encourage everyone to go to a reliable health-department's web site and thoroughly _read_ all the good information there. It is not just about the masks ... it's about staying home when you are symptomatic ; hand washing ; distancing ; etc.
Government medical advice HAS changed over the months - read & re-read the most recent - rather than ignore everything because you can't accept the new reality.
Spreading half-truths and garbage science does not help.
Here's just one example of some government advice < Canada > but everyone should probably go to your local / state information and do some serious reading.
https://tinyurl.com/ycc5mx58
If there is a single-most-important factor in explaining how the USA has done more poorly than it's peers - it would be the partisan messaging from the leaders. < exacerbated by the partisan media > In Canada, we saw the liberal Prime Minister and conservative Provincial leaders stand united - - and they were even heard to thank each other for shared initiatives ! ... everyone realizing that this is not the time for partisan politics. John T.