Bath's pedestal sink

I remodeled my small half-bath. I received a hand-me-down pedestal sink (still in a very good condition) so I'm planning to have it installed.

The plumber told me the sink doesn't have a set of "brackets" to tie the sink to the wall (the sink will sit on top of its stand). He said each sink comes with is "unique" brackets and I need to get a new set of sink/stand because he can't use the ones I have.

Is that true? I don't want to spend over one hundred of dollars to get a new sink/stand if I can only spend few dollars for the hardware to tie the sink to the wall.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Maria

Reply to
Othermails_08

If you already have brackets, why won't they work? Do they not fit the sink? Get a straight answer from him.

There are a number of different brackets to fasten pedistal sinks to the walls. Normally they do come with the sink. Any chance you could go back to the source of the sink and see if you can get the bracket? Otherwise you either have to get one or fabricate one. The plumber is not so likely to fabricate one though he might have others left over that could be altered to work. You might need a more generalize home handyman instead of a plumber.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

On 7/24/2009 8:59 AM Othermails_08 spake thus:

I'm confused: first you say the sink doesn't have a set of brackets, but then you say the plumber can't use "the ones I have". Which is it?

If you really do not have brackets, you should be able to get a set that will work at any good plumbing supply house (*not* a "home improvement center" or similar big-box retailer). Tell them what kind of sink it is, or, better yet, bring it in. I had exactly the same problem some time ago and bought a set of brackets from a local supply place.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

ditto.

Reply to
Bob F

Take the sink to a good plumbing supply store for brackets. Then mumble, sweat, and curse while you try to get everything to hold tight while aligned properly. I had to modify the bracket I found to work better with my sink.

Reply to
Bob F

I just finish installing a pedestal sink. You are correct, it does not come with brackets. But it has 2 holes on bottom, for 3' screws to go in and hold the sink to back wall wood beam. If wall is hollow, no wood, just sheet rock, can use butterfly anchors. This particular one did not come with it. Previous one I install came with the box with

3" long hex head screws, about 1/4" diameter, and also butterfly type anchors. I got same from Home Depot, about 10 cents.

Reply to
Philip5malin