Toilet sink / pedestal

I've just smashed my toilet sink by accident. It is about 10 years old. I want to replace it with something similar but as cheap as possible. The pedestal is fine. If I replace the sink will I have to get a pedestal that matches (fits) or will most pedestals fit any old sink?

At a guess I'd reckon all pedestals will be unique to each sink but hopefully I'm wrong.

Cheers.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

They're usually sold as a pair. There are many variations in pedestal design - with different shapes and amounts of flare at the top - often with an appropriate indentation in the base of the basin to fit over the pedestal.

You *may* be lucky, and get a basin which fits your pedestal - but I wouldn't bank on it.

Reply to
Set Square

I'd go as far as saying that any basin designed for use with a pedestal (some aren't) will always be sold with a matching pedestal. Best you could hope for is to buy a pair where the basin matched your pedestal, then bin the new pedestal... but then why bother, why not just fit the new pedestal anyway?! The only issue I suppose would be if your floor covering is cut *around* the existing pedestal - you'd need to replace that too...

David

Reply to
Lobster

A "toilet sink". WTF is *that*?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

One which is combined i.e you crap then wash. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

A hand basin.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Try local tips. Often possible to find bits that fit.

Buta new pedestal and basin is not hugely expensive.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Managed to find the exact sink in Homebase. Only problem being that they don't stock any bathroom / kitchen units so would have to wait 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. Shocking!!

Ended up buying a "sink to go" that comes complete with a pedestal from B&Q for £45.

Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
Steven Campbell