Drain cover / tidy

I am looking for a plastic drain cover/tidy to place over the raised concrete trough where the kitchen sink etc drain into the sewage system to keep out leaves etc.. The only item I can find round the "sheds" is a piddling 12 inch square effort by Marley which is too small. Does anyone know where I could obtain something bigger?

Reply to
new.ntlworld.com

Does it have to look pretty? If not, a sheet of lead with cutouts for the pipe(s) should do the trick. Incidentally, how big *is* this 'trough'? Most concrete gully surrounds I have seen are less than 12" square!

Reply to
Set Square

Use a small concrete paving slab, with a notch cut out for the drainpipe, instead? If the trough is that big, a slab will be much better than a plastic affair.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I made a drain cover from strips of aluminium angle. As it's viewed from one direction, it looks like it's made of square ali. It's spaced by lengths of ali round tube with threaded rod passed through.

By making it from strips of angle, it's really easy to have short sections to create gaps for the three waste pipes that go into my gully.

Reply to
Rolyata

| I made a drain cover from strips of aluminium angle. As it's viewed | from one direction, it looks like it's made of square ali. It's spaced | by lengths of ali round tube with threaded rod passed through. | | By making it from strips of angle, it's really easy to have short | sections to create gaps for the three waste pipes that go into my gully.

The above is not understandable. Please set your newsreader to quote the text you are replying to in accordance with usenet conventions. See sig.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop