Bath light bar

The link above shows a similar style light bar that I am trying to repair. One of the light sockets got snapped loose. Tried to affix using JB Weld but that didn't work.

Is it possible to get replacement sockets for light bars? Or is replacement of the entire assembly the only option?

Reply to
Jim

Never seen one. They're usually riveted on to the back plate

Reply to
RBM

If the rivet came loose it can be pop riveted back on. By the time you buy a gun and rivets you could toss and extra 20 in and buy the whole thing at Lowes or Home Depot. Oh and you could also find a sheet metal screw and fix it that way if the socket leg isn't broken.

Reply to
Meat Plow

It isn't at my house so I'll try to recall more detail. The base of the socket appeared to be plastic. My guess is when the buld was being removed the owner twisted right instead of left as the plastic itself appears to have sheared.

Been looking at lighting assemblies via the web. See everything from under $10 to over $200. If the project get that far I guess the biggest concern the owner will have to deal with is how close a match to the original is desired.

Reply to
Jim

This site has a lot of sockets:

I suggest a new light fixture.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Just put one up at my girl's house. I think we paid 39 for it, it's nice chromed 5 light.

Reply to
Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater

I went over to visit and discovered something I wish I hadn't. The light bar is integral with the wall medicine cabinet. So now it looks like the entire assembly must be replaced.

Reply to
Jim