Problems central air

The Blower fan on my A/C will not run in cool mode, but if I turn on the furnace it starts up fine.

Reply to
Nosiris_b

So something is broken -- could be the thermostat, could be the relay, could be the wiring, could be one of the motor windings (furnace blower is usually a different speed from AC blower). Get in there with a VOM and diagnose it, or get somebody who knows how.

Reply to
CJT

I just replaced the thermostat so I know thats not what it is.

Reply to
Nosiris_b

No, you don't.

Reply to
mm

That logic has caused a lot of frustration. The replacement could be bad or the wiring could be wrong.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

... assuming the new one isn't defective, that it is compatible with your system, and that you installed it properly

Reply to
CJT