Basin waste snapped help

Please help,

I have just bought a new property and the metal basin waste has snapped clean off.. Don't know why this has happened but it has snapped where it threads onto the plastic waste

Any ideas on how to remove this with minimal tools

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: image.jpg | |Download:
Rozdon

I had a metal on metal connection break on shower head. Plumber took screw driver and poked to get a hold on the threads with pliers and just peeled out broken threads, unwinding like a spring.

Reply to
Frank

Big pair of water pump pliers? Soak the threads with Liquid Wrench first. Or WD-40. (there, I said it first)

Reply to
willshak

has snapped clean off.. Don't know why this has happened but it has snapped where it threads onto the plastic waste Any ideas on how to remove this wi th minimal tools +---------------------------------------------------------

----------+ |Filename: image.jpg | |Download:

You will have to replace the entire drain assembly anyway, so it does not m atter if you bugger up/ruin the remaining portion of the drain assembly. A large pair of pliers and some twisting and bending of the remaining drain pieces shoudl crack them and allow their removal.

Reply to
hrhofmann