Basement Wall Question [see pics]

Can anyone advise what might be causing this. I am being told it is mineral deposits or the like but not a water leak?

Dave

Sure its water , the water is causing efloresence. You need to fix this from the outside, regrading , gutters etc.

Reply to
m Ransley

It's called efflorescence. Basically an alkaline and salt. It is from moisture, though not necessarily leakage. My home inspector told me that while unsightly, it is not necessarily a problem.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

It IS a problem if you are going to finish the basement.

Reply to
Art