Arrrrrrggggg! Somewhat OT and somewhat On Topic

I read this newsgroup once every morning. I only look at the new posts for the day, those articles in Thunderbird marked as new. After reading the On Topic new posts, I mark all as read and then re-mark any articles I might want to "follow" tomorrow. This morning there was not one new On Topic new post. Much more of this and I will be quitting completely. Isn't there something that can be done?

Reply to
Art Todesco

It's the same for the rest of the ng's.

OT topics can be fun to discuss so only thing I can suggest is posting on topic.

Reply to
Frank

I feel your pain. Would be nice to get back to more home repair topics and I'm a little guilty myself at times.

Thunderbird makes it easy to filer a lot of crap. First step is to filter the worst offenders. Put your mouse on their name, right click, then click on Create Filter From. Doing that you can eliminate well over half the crap.

Next is to kill a thread that you have no interest in. While in one of the messages, just hit the K key and that thread will be filtered.

Not perfect, but makes the reading much easier.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No it isn't. Several NGs that I look at, might have one such posting per week.

Reply to
Art Todesco