Anyone used a Jac-Pac co2 cylinder?

Saw these in the local h/w store yesterday. Seems pretty good idea if you don't need pressure for hours on end. Just a few finishing nails here and there.

What's your experience? Any drawbacks?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

I used a regular 20lb BevCo cylinder with my finish nailer for a kitchen renovation and it worked great. I happened to have one but any welding gas place will rent you one. You might even find one on the side of the road. (where I found mine). They are swap outs if you have one to start with.

Reply to
gfretwell

FWIW.....most air nailer mfrs say do not use CO2 to run them or O2 for that matter

CO2 can freeze up the "inards"; O2 presents a fire / explosion hazard.

The correct way is to use nitrogen or air bottle (like SCUBA tank) with the proper regulator.

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207

I too would worry about O2 setting the oil in the gun on fire but I do think the CO2 thing is overstated. I don't work fast enough to ice up a finish nailer. Maybe a production guy with a 16d nail gun could though.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'd agree with you about the CO2....depends on size of gun & firing rate...small enough & slow enough should be no problem

Lots of people use CO2 for finish nailers; base & crown ....never have a problem.

cheers Bob

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207

DaveC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.readfreenews.net:

they look like paintball gun cylinders. you can get those in CO2 or nitrogen. (need a connector/regulator,though)

Reply to
Jim Yanik