Anyone make any sconces?

I went to the local Overpriced Cheap Items R Us today. They had some sconces that were shaped like half a cylinder. About ten inches in diameter and eighteen inches long. They had designs stamp cut out of them, some of the 1/8" thick pipes were plasma or flame cut. Cutouts of lizards, flames, various things. The damn things were $60 to $100 each.

I do welding, and know that I could make some of these a lot cheaper. What I want to do is make a cutout so that the light shines through and falls on a wall that is about 45" from the wall the sconce is on, and is parallel.

Anyone ever built these? I have a cutting torch, Foredom tool, Makita die grinding tool with small cut off blades, air die grinder, and what I think I would need to make the cuts.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB