Steam Shower Information

Hi, I'm looking at different options for my bathroom, I'm just wondering whether to keep my bath or replace it with a new steam cabinet (

It's like a shower and a steam room in one. I was just wondering how this would effect the value of the property or is important to have a bath (I have a bath in another bathroom in the house).

Just a thought.

Thanks.

Reply to
adventurous101

In some states, a "full bath" must include a tub. For example if you have two full baths and convert one tub to a shower you will have

1-and-3/4 baths. Sure this will effect the value somewhat, but if it increases the value to YOU it might be worth it. I doubt you will get a tax break, although in theory you should. How long you intend to lived there is another important factor. Why people do these major renovations, then move makes no sense.
Reply to
Phisherman

re: In some states, a "full bath" must include a tub.

Unless they changed the tax-assessment code in my town recently, a 1/2 bath is any bathroom with 2 fixtures, a full bath is any bathroom with at least 3.

My basement bathroom, which contained a toilet and a shower stall when I moved in, was considered a 1/2 bath. When I added a sink, my next assessment considered that bathroom to be full.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

So what's the classification when the fixtures are separated by a door? What if the tub and commode are in a room completely separate from the sink?

Reply to
HeyBub

Hey, thanks for your time, it's appreciated :)

Reply to
adventurous101

Hey, thanks for your time, it's appreciated :)

Reply to
adventurous101

It's like a shower and a steam room in one...

For $5K...

Why not do both? Something like this:

with a $30 coffee urn with the main thermostat bypassed and water supplied from a toilet tank into a tube at the outlet and a steam tube from the top into the shower and a $58 thermostat (Grainger 4MY93.)

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam