An idiot and his table saw...

I think the 79 years of being a stupid bitch took care of that.

Reply to
krw

It wasn't. She was careless. Her fault.

Lies noted. Case lost.

Reply to
krw

I did measure the temperature of the coffee in the carafe as it brewed, around the time the McDonalds case was in the news.

Hmm. Perhaps the water pouring onto the grounds is hotter, but this isn't easily user accessible. Perhaps I will measure it tomorrow.

I don't recall what the coffeepot manual says, if it has one, or if it says anything. The pot was bought years before the case. Commercial coffeepots may well serve hotter.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Right around 200F is the optimum temperature to brew coffee and extract the flavor. I agree that at 140F, I would expect crap coffee and I would be surprised to find a decent coffee maker that brews it at that temp. Also note that if you measure the temp in the carafe, it's going to be substantially below the temp where the water is in contact with the coffee.

I use a french press and an electric kettle to brew mine. The kettle heats the water to boiling and then that combined with the coffee and the room temp french press puts it right around 200F.

Reply to
trader4

Everyone has accidents, but not purchasing medical and disability insurance is a choice. Why should a successful business be punished by having to cover the deadbeats?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I assume you're referring to Obamacare? I don't believe Obamacare is the right approach and there are better ways of achieving the same thing with less govt involvement. But here is the essence of the problem. Not only are businesses already covering the cost of deadbeats, most of the public is. What do you think happens when the guy with no insurance, low pay or no job, etc has an accident and runs up a $100K hospital bill? We are all paying it for it now. The business and individuals pay for it in the form of higher insurance costs. We pay for it in the form of outrageous hospital charges when we go there. One big reason an aspirin costs $10 in a hospital is so that they can use that money to offset their losses from the guy who shows up sick or from an accident with no insurance.

Now, please tell me you're not going to pretend that problem isn't real, that we can just make the guy pay, like another poster here. If anything, REQUIRING everyone to have medical insurance is the personal responsibility approach, because it makes everyone have a means to pay for their own care.

Reply to
trader4

Because according to the idiots, that would make you bad person

Frankly I don't have a problem with people donating to private charity to help the needy But when the government starts picking your pocket to do it, I have a problem One only has to look at how UNsuccessfull government is about solving the problem All their "welfare" programs are spiraling out of control BECAUSE of ALL the leaches that are hanging on to the tit. And these idiots want to attract even more leeches

Reply to
Attila Iskander

I measured my coffeepot (Krups) this morning - the brew and serve temperature is 180 F, not the 140 F I recalled. Now that I think about it, I measured the dishwasher water temperature around the same time, and it was 140 F for "Normal" wash, so I probably mixed the answers up.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Still waiting for you answer to a simple question. A guy making minimum wage, no insurance, has a bad car accident where he runs off the road and hits a tree. He has severe head injuries, internal injuries, etc.

What exactly should happen here, step by step and who will pay for it? Does EMS take him to the hospital? Does the hospital refuse to care for him because he has no insurance, no means to pay? Is there even an EMS at all?

I don't expect real answers, because you've proven yourself long on some flakey alleged core beliefs. But either they haven't been thought through or you are so inhumane that you'd let people like the above die. But, this is your chance to redeem yourself, for all to see. So, please, tell us step by step what should happen in the above everyday situation.

Reply to
trader4

# # Still waiting for you answer to a simple question.

Asked and asnwered Since you didn't like the first answer, you'll be waiting a long time for one you like Enjoy

Reply to
Attila Iskander

I figured as much. You're just intellectually dishonest. You claim to have some valid alternative to either the current system where we all wind up paying for healthcare for those that cannot, or for requiring everyone have mandatory minimum healthcare coverage. Yet, when asked to explain how it would work, starting from the scene of a car crash, you just run away. The most you've said is that you don't have a problem with people donating to private charity". Why, how caring and magnanimus of you. That's it? That is all you've got? And like most of the buffoons that pretend to stand on such high moral ground, I expect you'd be among the last to actually donate.

Reply to
trader4

# # I figured as much. You're just intellectually dishonest. You # claim to have some valid alternative to either the current # system where we all wind up paying for healthcare for those # that cannot, or for requiring everyone have mandatory # minimum healthcare coverage.

You're not only stupid, bu t a liar too I never made ANY claim about "having some valid alternative " That's just you pulling ignorant shit out of your ass again (Did you ever consider cleaning off your head after your pull it out of your ass ? That way you won't spread it on Usenet)

# Yet, when asked to explain how it would work, # starting from the scene of a car crash, # you just run away.

Don't have to explain something YOU INVENTED whole cloth Your strawman - you feed it

# # The most you've said is that you don't # have a problem with people donating to private charity". # Why, how caring and magnanimus of you. That's it? # That is all you've got? And like most of the buffoons that # pretend to stand on such high moral ground, I expect # you'd be among the last to actually donate.

Since you don't even know who I am - you have NO CLUE as to what and whom I donate Once again, you're just pulling ignorant shit out of your ass.

Go wash your head before you get to your keyboard The constant flow of shit from you stinks.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 06 Dec 2012

02:20:18 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Where do you put a coffee cup? - on the other seat?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

In one of thse free paper coffee cup holders, and on the floor.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You hold it out beyond your knees, with one hand, and pry the cover i[ with the other hand. If (when) it spills, it goes onto the carpet. It's not rocket science. Or stick it in one of the cupholders.

If they put the drawing on the side of the cup, some dufus would claim that they turned the cup to read it and burned themselves.

Spehro Pefhany

Shock mounted, no less!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How about a cup holder Hell they even sell those that hook into your window well

Reply to
Attila Iskander

I didn't invent it, it's a common, everyday, real world occurance. You just refuse to address it because, well, you can't. You stand on your soap box and claim to have simple solutions for real world problems. Yet, obviously you don't.

I know you're fundamentally dishonest. You put forth bankrupt ideas that are worthless and when someone exposes any one of the many obvious holes in it, instead of being able to answer for youself, you run away like a child.

Reply to
trader4

Instead of an "air ride", it's a "dairy ride"..

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Well you clearly stated that no one should be forced to buy health insurance. That it should be their right to go uninsured. That is one of your core positions, is it not? When it was explained to you that we are all now paying for those uninsured people when they wind up injured or ill at the hospital and asked for what YOUR solution is for the uninsured guy with serious injuries after a car crash, the best you could come up with is this:

"You are MORE than welcome to pay for it if you want Why should I pay for it It's his life, his choice, his responsibility "

You're right about one thing, it isn't a valid alternative, but it's the only alternative you've put forth.

Real humanitarian you are, big man. You'd probably go driving right by yourself, honking the horn:

"That'll teach you!"

It's not a strawman it's the real world, it happens everyday. It's just you have no answer, except a completely heartless one that you've already put forth, in your own words, above.

No I'm not. Your statements are quite clear and there for all to see. You're incapable of putting forth an argument that makes sense. You can't even explain your solution or approach to a guy with no insurance that is seriously injured in a car crash. That of course is because you don't want to admit the obvious truth, you'd let them die. Your some kind of real whack job. Then you want to preach to us about the perils of seat belt laws leading to dictatorships? Some world we'd be in if we let you and your ilk get in charge.

Reply to
trader4