Ames hose reels

I have one of the Ames hose reels with built in hose guides. Comes completely assembled and seemed nice until the part attached to the handle broke. Happened to check their web site..... turns out replacement parts are free... just fill out a form and they send them out. They pay postage. Thought I would let other people know before they trash their Ames hose reels.

Reply to
Art

I bet they are those cheapo plastic reels, right? They BETTER offer free parts for those cheap pieces of junk. You couldn't give me one of those things again.

If you look in commercial tool catalogs, there are actually still metal hose reels made and sold. They are pricey, but it's better than buying a new plastic one each year.

Reply to
spamfree

I usually hate the "cheap stuff" too, but I've had some good luck with my next-to-nothing Ames reel I bought at a salvage store. On its 3rd season and it lives outside for about 8 months a year. Watch, I probably just jinxed myself and it'll fall apart today. Screw replacing parts though. Unless they're still wicked cheap I will most definitely upgrade to steel next time. cj

Reply to
CJ