Amana Gas Dryer Problem

Hi all,

I have an Amana model DLG330RAW Gas dryer with an interesting problem. If you start it cold all is well, after the gas fires once or twice, the igniter glows red hot, the gas valve clicks but no fire. I hear the gas valve making a clicking noise as the igniter is getting hot but then the igniter goes out, without lighting. I have jumpered each of the thermostats with the same result, and checked for connectivity across the sensor on the combustion chamber. Aside from calling for a service, does anybody have any suggestions??

Much appreciated.. Mark

Reply to
MarkS

replace igniter/sensor and retest.

Reply to
buffalobill

buffalobill

Hi,

Coils on the gas valve are bad for working once or twice and then failing....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks Jeff! That was it!

Called off the repair man!!