Gas Dryer - No Heat, Power at Coils, Cold Igniter

KitchenAid KGYE677BWH3 has juice at the hot side of the coils, but no gas, no flame, and the igniter remains cold.

If I short-out the flame sensor, the igniter glows. When I stop shorting-out the flame sensor, the gas comes on and I do get a flame.

The two leads on the flame sensor test "open" when bench checked with the meter.

Can someone verify what part I need before I buy one?

Thanks.

--Dale--

My flame sensor looks like this:

The wiring diagram for my dryer:

Dale

Hello,

The flame sensor should be closed ( has continuity ) at room temp and opens up just before the flame comes on....sounds like new flame sensor time...

Link above should be all one line.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Jeff, Thanks. I was able to source the part locally (my wife could not -fathom- going to the laundromat or rigging a clothsline).

snip

snip

Reply to
Dale